Roehampton MA Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
Meet Exceptional Faculty That Combines Practical Experience and Theoretical Knowledge of Integrated Counselling & Psychotherapy.
As diverse as our students, our Roehampton approved local MA faculty members are highly passionate about learning in their subject matters. In addition to providing high-quality feedback on the work you produce, you can expect your faculty member to act as a facilitator to your learning by providing relevant integrative theories and practice.
The Roehampton University, London Master of Arts in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy programme is accredited by The Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors Singapore (APACS). APACS is an association dedicated for all practitioners in the healthcare sector who are keen to be part of this big family of helping professionals. Although most of us in the association are psychotherapist, psychologist, counsellor, or social worker, we welcome other healthcare professional to join us. Thus, the approach to meet the individual or family in a holistic manner.
The Roehampton MA is based on an integrative approach to counselling and psychotherapy which incorporates theory and practice.
The course provides a well-rounded development for integrative relational practitioners which covers a wide range of psychological issues in a variety of settings.
Our Master of Arts in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy degree equips graduates with skills, knowledge, understanding and personal awareness to become professionals in a variety of locations and settings such as:
- Careers Counselling
- Health Policy
- Health Services Management
- Rehabilitation Counselling
Career options for MA graduates have never been so varied or looked so promising.
The 2-year Roehampton MA includes 11 modules (240 credits) designed to provide you with the necessary skills to work with a wide range of people with a range of psychological issues in a variety of settings. Structured around the work commitments and priorities of working professionals. The details of the modules can be found below.
- Introduction to Counselling Practice
- Integrative Theory and Practice
- Foundations of Professional Practice
- Personal Development 1
- Integrative Theory and Skills
- Supervised Counselling Practice 1
- Assessment of Clients for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Personal Development 2
- Advanced Integrative Theory and Practice
- Supervised Counselling Practice 2
- The Role of Research in Counselling
Each module spans over 2 consecutive weekends per month (Sat & Sun; 9am – 5:30pm) and is taught by means of interactive lectures and seminars, experiential skills workshops, small clinical supervision groups, and personal development work. Much of your learning will be by a process of reflection on the experience of skills practiced and the use of demonstration, observation, self, peer and tutor feedback as well as a more traditional academic study.
Why Choose University of Roehampton London?
- Top 12 Universities in London – Times and Sunday Times University League Table 2016
- A University, dating back to 1841, with a proud history of 175 years in providing higher education
- Top 52 Universities in UK for ‘Research Intensity’ – Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- Roehampton has an excellent research profile with 66% of our research rated as “world leading” or “internationally excellent” – Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- Upon graduation, that won’t be the end of our relationship but the start of a lifelong partnership. Roehampton’s vibrant alumni community ensures that we will be with you throughout your career, helping you to build the networks you need to succeed.
Participants are expected to contribute to the class learning experiences in a cohort and peer learning environment. You will be assessed based on experience, aptitude, potential and managerial skills.
- At least 21 years old and
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in psychology or the social sciences or an arts related subject; OR
- Non-relevant bachelor’s degree holders may be required to undertake additional modules in order to fulfil the required credit points (The final decision rests with the University)
- A minimum of 6.5 IELTS overall with no less than 5.5 in any band, or equivalent for graduates from non-English programs
What Do You Need to Apply?
- Completed Application Form with personal statement
- Certified True Copies of all academic transcripts
- A current professional resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- A copy of NRIC / Passport
- Non-refundable Application fee of S$214.00 (Inc. GST)
Take Action Today – Download Free Brochure
Kindly fill in the simple form and download a FREE brochure
“We are changing faster than ever in today’s business environment, what works for us today might not work tomorrow. That is why it is extremely important for me to commit to learning, from the very best. And one of the best American universities you can go to, to learn about marketing has to be the City University of New York, CUNY.”
Chairman of HSR Property, CUNY Alumni