We are committed to respecting your privacy. As an unregistered user, you can visit most of our website without revealing any personal information. However, in order to personalize your view of our site and gain access to certain information systems, you must register and provide some personal information.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you provide that information voluntarily. Any personal information you choose to provide us will only be used by us to conduct official business. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease personal information collected on this site. For purposes of this policy,”personal information” means any information concerning a natural person which, because of name, number, symbol, mark or other identifier, can be used to identify that natural person. To protect your privacy and prevent unauthorized use, please keep your IDs and passwords in a secure place. Also, whenever you use OUR systems from a public workstation, be sure to logout of the systems and close all web browser windows before you leave the public workstation.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically.
A cookie is a piece of text placed on your computer by a web server. We occasionally use ”session” cookies on some parts of www.asm.edu.sg to enhance your experience of the site and to help you move through it easily. Session cookies created on your computer by our servers do not contain personal information. We may use a session cookie to store a randomly generated identifying tag on your computer. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted during operation of your browser or when your browser is closed. Most web browsers may be customized to refuse new cookies or delete existing cookies. Rejecting or deleting cookies may limit your ability to take advantage of some features of this web site and could result in the loss of any customized setting.
Logs and Network Monitoring
We maintain log files of all access to cuny.edu.sg and also monitor network traffic for purposes of site management and security. We use this information to help diagnose problems with the server and to carry out other administrative tasks. We also use log analysis tools for such purposes as creating summary statistics to determine which information is of most interest to users, identifying system problem areas, and determining technical requirements. The following information is typically collected in these files:
- the Internet Protocol address and domain name of your Internet Service Provider and/or computer, if your computer has an IP address assigned directly to it;
- the type of browser and operating system you use;
- the date and time you visited asm.edu.sg the web pages or services you accessed at asm.edu.sg and amount of time spent at each page; and
- the web page from which you accessed at asm.edu.sg and from which any page on this site was linked.
Information Collected by E-mail and Online Transactions
If you send us an e-mail, we will collect your e-mail address and the contents of your message. We will use your e-mail address and the information included in your message to respond to you, to address the issues you identify, and to improve this web site.
We may also use your e-mail address to notify you about updates, services, special events or activities offered by us and our partners. If you would prefer not to receive e-mail or other communications from us, contact us at email@example.com If you complete a transaction such as an online application or an information request form, we will collect the information, including personal information that you volunteered in completing the transaction.
We will use this information only for the purposes for which the transaction was intended. We may redirect your e-mail message or information you provided through an online transaction to our office other than the one which originally received the message or information in order to better respond to you.
The information we collect is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video and graphic information formats included in the message or transaction. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. You are cautioned, however, that we will treat personal information submitted in an e-mail as though it was submitted by an adult, and it may, unless exempted from access by federal or state law, be subject to public access.
Disclosure of Information Collected Through this Web Site
We may collect or disclose personal information without your consent if the collection or disclosure is:
- necessary to perform statutory duties or necessary to operate a program authorized by law, or authorized by state or federal statute or regulation;
- made pursuant to a court order or by law;
- for the purpose of validating your identity; or
- of information to be used solely for statistical purposes that is in the form that cannot be used to identify any particular person.
We may also disclose personal information to law enforcement authorities to enforce our rights against unauthorized access or attempted unauthorized access to our information technology assets.
Retention of Information Collected Through this Web Site
We retain the information collected through this web site in accordance with our records retention and disposition policy. The retention period differs depending on the type of information collected.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information Collected Through this Web Site
You may submit a request to our records access officer to determine whether personal information pertaining to you has been collected through this web site. Your request must be in made in writing and must be accompanied by reasonable proof of your identity. Reasonable proof of identity may include verification of a signature, inclusion of an identifier generally known only to you, or similar appropriate identification.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Aventis respects the privacy of individuals and recognizes the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect, process and disclose your personal data. We are also committed to adhering to the provisions and principles of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. As such, this Personal Data Protection Statement is to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and/or disclose your personal data. We will collect, use and disclose your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“Act”). The Act establishes a data protection law that comprises various rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data. It recognises both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes. The Act takes into account the following concepts:
- Consent – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only with the individual’s knowledge and consent (with some exceptions);
- Purpose – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data in an appropriate manner for the circumstances, and only if they have informed the individual of purposes for the collection, use or disclosure; and
- Reasonableness – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only for purposes that would be considered appropriate to a reasonable person in the given circumstances.
In projecting the three main concepts above, the Act contains nine main obligations which organisations are expected to comply with if they undertake activities related to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal data:-
- The Consent Obligation
- The Purpose Limiting Obligation
- The Notification Obligation
- The Access and Correction Obligation
- The Accuracy Obligation
- The Protection Obligation
- The Retention Limitation Obligation
- The Transfer Limitation Obligation
- The Openness Obligation
- While we will not be going into the details of these Obligations in this Personal Data Protection Statement, you can be rest assured that we are constantly mindful of them in our collection, use and disclosure of personal data. Should you wish to know more about these obligations, an excellent summary can be found in the Advisory Guidelines of the Personal Data Protection Commission at: www.pdpc.gov.sg/docs/default-source/advisory-guidelines/overview-of-the-data-protection-provisions-(chapter-10).pdf?sfvrsn=0 Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data In general, subject to applicable exceptions permitted in the Act, before we collect any personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purpose.
From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic-mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text) or facsimile, to inform about our products and services, or about special offers and promotions that we think may be of interest to you. You can let us know at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing material (by contacting us at the details below) and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database. We will not disclose your Personal Data to external organisations for the purposes of allowing them to directly market their products and services unless expressly authorised by you.
Do Not Call Registry
The Do Not Call (DNC) Registry prohibits the sending of unsolicited telemarketing messages (“specified messages”) to Singapore telephone numbers through voice calls, text or fax messages registered on the DNC Registers unless the organization sending the messages have the user’s/subscriber’s clear and unambiguous consent in written or other accessible forms.
In compliance with the DNC Registry provisions, we will not send specified messages to telephone or facsimile numbers that appear on the DNC Registry unless the user/subscriber has given us clear and unambiguous consent to do so.
If you have given us such consent, we will continue to send you specified messages until you advise us in writing (contact details below) that you wish to withdraw the consent. we will continue to contact you at the telephone or facsimile number/s you have provided us in the limited circumstances allowed under the DNC Registry even if these telephone or facsimile number/s are registered with the DNC. You may, however, advise us in writing should you wish not to be contacted by us at your telephone or facsimile number(s) for any given purpose or all purposes.
Please be informed that we will still contact you via the most effective and efficient mode where required by law.
Security of Personal Data is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect Personal Data include:
- External and internal premises security;
- Restricting access to Personal Data only to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access or damage to electronically stored information, such as requiring identifiers and passwords, firewalls and anti-virus software; and
- Maintaining physical security over paper records.
Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for us to send you sales and marketing information via a specific mode or all modes of communications (e.g., mail, email, telephone calls, SMS-Text), please notify us in writing to our contact details below. We may require up to 4 weeks, upon receipt of your request, for the change to take effect.
Whilst we respect your decision to withhold and/or withdraw your consent, you may wish to know that should we not have the appropriate consent to contact you in the mode we might develop for the sales and marketing information, customer care support and all other purposes for our customers, we might not be able to accord you the full extent of the personalized and comprehensive customer experience we had designed to serve you.
Access to Personal Data by Individuals
You can access most of the Personal Data we hold about you by contacting us formally through the contact details indicated below. We will require a formal written request from you to our Data Privacy Officer (details below). An administrative fee may be charged to you to cover the reasonable cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
Access to Personal Data may be refused in a number of circumstances, such as where the Personal Data relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict your access, we will explain why as required by applicable laws.
Ensuring Personal Data is up-to-date
We rely on the Personal Data we hold in conducting our business. Therefore, it is very important that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
We will do our best to ensure that the Personal Data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it. This means that from time to time, we will ask you to tell us if there are any changes to your Personal Data. If you find that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
We will retain your Personal Data for a reasonable period for the purposes, or as required by law.
Confidentiality and Integrity
We limit employee access to personal information collected through asm.edu.sg to only those employees who need access to the information in the performance of their official duties. Employees who have access to this information follow appropriate procedures in connection with any disclosures of personal information. In addition, we have implemented procedures to safeguard the integrity of our information technology assets, including, but not limited to, authentication, authorization, monitoring, auditing, and encryption. These security procedures have been integrated into the design, implementation, and day-to-day operations of www.asm.edu.sg as part of our continuing commitment to the security of electronic content as well as the electronic transmission of information. For security purposes and to maintain the availability of www.asm.edu.sg for all users, we employ software to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise damage this web site.
Changes to Policy and Disclaimer
Purpose for the Collection, Use & Disclosure of Personal Data
Depending on your relationship with us, the personal data which we collect from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purpose:
For General Public
AVENTIS as an educational institution often organise a myriad of training, upgrading and career related activities in which general public are invited to participate. While it is impossible to list all the events in which we hope the public will participate, some events that you as a member of the public can look forward to include corporate outreach programmes, seminars, workshops, talks, exhibitions etc. Naturally, in encouraging a vibrant interaction with the public, there will be opportunity, and often a need, to collect, use and/or disclose personal data from members of the public.
The key reasons are as follows:
- For verification purposes for Events
- For administrative purposes for certain Events
- To keep you updated of future AVENTIS Events/ products which we feel may interest you
- For marketing/ publicity purposes
- For any other purpose arising in respect of the environment within which an institution of higher learning such as AVENTIS operates which is reasonable given your relationship with AVENTIS.
In almost all of the above situations, it will be up to you as to whether, and to what extent, you wish to provide us with your personal data. Typical data collected include participant’s name, email and phone numbers. Based on the information provided, the general public may be contacted by various channels including through social media, Whatsapp, emails, phone calls, postal mail, electronic mail, SMS and/or voice calls;
For Students Generally
Most of you will have consented to AVENTIS using your personal data in the manner set out in the application form used when you first applied for our programmes. The information below serves only to supplement and clarify this matter, without limiting the scope of your earlier consent:
- Evaluating suitability for admission or employment, enrolling or employing, providing educational courses and training, including sending materials on course / lecture materials, information on time tables and examination details via various means, including postal mail, electronic mail, SMS and/or voice calls;
- Administering and/or managing relationships with AVENTIS (including responding to enquiries, the mailing of correspondence, statements or notices which could involve the disclosure of certain personal data to bring about delivery of the same);
- Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations procedures that may be required by law or put in place by AVENTIS, including the obtaining of references and/or other information from prior educational institutions and employers;
- Investigative purposes, including possible fraud, misconduct, unlawful action or omission, and utilizing electronic access and video systems to maintain campus security of persons or property, control access and investigate suspicious or inappropriate activities;
- Responding to requests for information from government or public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities or non-government agencies authorised to carry out specific Government services or duties;
- Outreach and engagement to garner support and resources for AVENTIS, its community and affiliated institutions;
- Supporting AVENTIS functions including, but not restricted to, the teaching and personal and professional development of students, research and administration of AVENTIS;
- Processing, administering and conferring awards of prizes, medals, scholarships, classes of honours and other marks of distinction, and student or graduation status, and publication or releasing of information on the same;
- Engaging alumni including but not limited to notification on AVENTIS and alumni-related initiatives and activities, invitation to AVENTIS and alumni-related events, updating of alumni information, invitation to participate in alumni surveys and sending of communication collaterals;
- Processing applications and enrolment activities related to health, life insurance and service provision as well as university-related student cards, and campus accommodation and administering matters related to use of these services;
- Facilitating participation in student life and alumni development opportunities which may include social, cultural, athletic, and educational activities, events, volunteering and training programmes, student membership and leadership positions in clubs, societies, halls and residences, and orientation/reception activities;
- Taking of photographs and/or videos (whether by AVENTIS staff or third party photographers and/or videographers) during events or seminars organised by AVENTIS or its affiliates for publicity purposes;
- If consented to in the registration form and/or other methods of consent notification, providing marketing, advertising and promotional information via postal mail, electronic mail, SMS or MMS, fax and/or voice calls;
- Any other purpose arising in respect of the environment within which an institution of higher learning such as AVENTIS operates which is reasonable given your relationship with AVENTIS;
- Any other purposes not related to those listed above or in the online matriculation form to which you consented, which AVENTIS may inform you of in writing from time to time, but for which AVENTIS will seek your separate consent.
For Employees/Staff Generally
In order to comply with its contractual, statutory, and management obligations and responsibilities, Aventis is required to process personal data relating to its employees. All such data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the Act and the relevant rules and policies, including those on data protection, as may be amended from time to time. Your relationship with AVENTIS will, in almost all cases, be governed primarily by an employment Contract, and your agreement to be bound by the Employee Handbook and/or Governance and Academic Policies Handbook (which may be revised from time to time), any of which will very often inform you expressly or impliedly the purposes for, and the manner in, which your personal data will be used. The purposes listed below serve only to supplement and clarify the matter, without limiting, superseding or supplanting any express or implied terms in the abovementioned documents:
- for managing your employment relationship with AVENTIS;
- for using your bank account details to deposit salaries and other payments;
- for monitoring the use of AVENTIS’s computer network resources;
- for posting your photographs on AVENTIS’s intranet and website, staff pass, newsletters and the like;
- for managing staff benefit schemes;
- for disclosing your personal data where necessary to external parties for purposes of University administration, and to Government agencies for official purposes and disclosed to external third parties for, or in connection with, the above purposes, or where required by law;
- any other purpose arising in respect of the environment within which an institution of higher learning such as AVENTIS operates which is reasonable given your relationship with AVENTIS
- any other purposes not related to those listed above or in your employment contract, which AVENTIS may inform you of in writing from time to time, but for which AVENTIS will seek your separate consent.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so or unless any such disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the Act . In this respect, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties in certain circumstances without first seeking your consent, if such disclosure is either required or permitted under the Act, including without limitation, if the disclosure is required by law and/or regulations or if there is an emergency.