MSc Counter Terrorism
University of East London
University of East London (UEL) is a public university located in the London Borough of Newham, England, based at three campuses in Stratford (University Square and our main Stratford Campus) and Docklands. It has an institutional history of over 100 years and has over 20,000 students from 120 countries across 8 different Departments. East London itself is a centre of spectacular economic regeneration with an expanding creative sector alongside IT, manufacturing and financial services industries. As a modern university, it contributes to innovative research and has established centres of excellence in cultural studies, sociology, art and design, psychology, economics and law.
Rankings and Accolades
University of East London is accredited by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), UK. These standards are the same for all programmes — whether delivered on campus or across its partnership in Europe, Asia and Singapore. This means you’ll receive the same standard of education as UEL students studying on campus and have the opportunity to join the graduation in London to celebrate your achievement.
University of East London is a member of The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). It is the world’s first and oldest international university network, established in 1913 and its mission is to promote and support excellence in higher education for the benefit of individuals and societies throughout the Commonwealth and beyond. The ACU has over 500 member institutions in 37 countries across the Commonwealth.
The University is ranked across all major Rankings
- Top 4% Universities in the World – Time Higher Education World University Rankings 2018
- Top 5% Universities in the World – QS World University Rankings 2018
- Top 50 UK universities in the National Student Survey 2018 league table achieving an ‘overall satisfaction’ score of 85%
A pioneering course, the University of East London’s Master of Science in Terrorism and Counter Terrorism Studies was the first course of its kind in England and, having started in 2006, is the longest-running in the UK. Through this course you will gain a depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding about a wide range of terrorism and counter-terrorism-related topics. It is ideal for those seeking to advance their career in counter-terrorism, security and intelligence related careers in the public and private sectors, as well as professionals already engaged in such fields who seek to enhance their career prospects through further qualifications.
- 9 Months (Part-time) MSc
- 100% coursework and Dissertation
- Flexible weekend classes tailored for busy executives and professionals
Cutting Edge Curriculum
This programme comprises of 4 modules plus a Dissertation. This 9-month Part-Time MSc is designed to accommodate and complement the work commitments of today’s busy professionals.
Modules (4 Modules + Dissertation)
- Critical Perspectives on Terrorism
- Critical Perspectives on Counter-Terrorism
- Transnational Organised Crime
- International Criminal Law
Weekend Delivery Block
Designed for busy executives, this MSc is delivered on a modular basis, to allow students the focus on one module at a time with minimal disruption to their work and family commitment. Each module is delivered over 2 weekends (Sat & Sun; 9:00am – 5:30pm) of executive block classes.
Participants are expected to contribute to the class learning experiences in a cohort and peer learning environment. You will be assessed based on experience, aptitude, potential and managerial skills.
- At least 21 years old and
- A degree in any subject or an equivalent management or professional qualification (for example, in accountancy, nursing, engineering) with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work or managerial experience; or
- Mature candidates lacking one of the above academic qualifications above may be considered for entry (subjected to university approval) if s/he has held a senior managerial position over three years and is able to demonstrate the ability to fulfil the objectives of the programme and achieve the standards required.
How to Apply?
- Completed Application Form with personal statement
- Certified True Copies of all academic certificates and transcripts
- A current professional resume
- A copy of NRIC / Passport
- Non-refundable Application fee of S$214.00 (Inc. GST)
Take Action Today – Download Free Brochure
Kindly fill in the simple form and download a FREE brochure
“We are changing faster than ever in today’s business environment, what works for us today might not work tomorrow. That is why it is extremely important for me to commit to learning, from the very best. And one of the best American universities you can go to, to learn about marketing has to be the City University of New York, CUNY.”
Chairman of HSR Property, CUNY Alumni