Professional Graduate Diploma in Counter Terrorism & Security
Intake Date : Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clare @ 6720 3333 for more information
Admission closing date: 2 weeks prior to commencement
The Graduate Diploma in Counter Terrorism and Security seeks to improve professional standards by deepening students’ understanding of the history and motivators of terrorism, and thereby developing their ability to critique current (and anticipate future) terrorist threats and possible counter terrorist measures.
Designed for working professionals, the assessment will be coursework focused to encourage the application of theory to practice, with the aim of having students articulating ways in which their learning can be applied to their own professional practice. Students will also acquire practical knowledge in security risk, security technology and lost prevention knowledge.
Where does it lead?
Developed and delivered by industry practitioners, this program is both academically rigorous and practical oriented. The curriculum is closely aligned with industry practice and framework, upon completion of the program, students will
- Developed an understanding of the contemporary issues and challenges in the areas of protecting, counter terrorism and security management.
- Attained knowledge and skills associated with developing responses to political, security and law enforcement threats
- A comprehensive understanding of the current trends in terrorism and policing
- Understanding of National Security refers to the requirement to maintain the survival of the national state through a range of protective measures
- Identify and distinguish between different types of terrorism according to the ideology of the terrorists
- Perform sophisticated terrorist threat assessments
What will I learn?
The program comprises of 4 modules delivered over 4 blocks of 2 full weekend sessions from 9am to 5pm in Singapore
Security and Risk Management
This unit will introduce the student to security and risk management concepts. It will examine the development of security, and the application of criminological theory to security. Students will be introduced to risk theory, and the assessment, analysis and management applied to risk. Students will consider the requirements for conducting and documenting security surveys. An introduction to crisis management theory, security planning, policy and procedures will be presented.
Counter Terrorism and Current Threats
Today there are many terrorist organizations which operate on an international level and can be distinguished by their opinions, motives, and geographical locations. Current threats and recent terrorist attacks by means of explosive devices will also be highlighted in the unit e.g. USA-WTC 9/11, Bali Bombing & Mumbai Terrorist Attacks. This unit will also explore the evolution of national security and counterterrorism and evaluates approaches to formulating effective counterterrorist strategies. The unit includes operational case studies to enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of counterterrorism methodologies.
Security and Loss Prevention
Today’s top challenges include old and new threats like terrorism, cybercrime, technology exploitation, and pandemics. This unit will addressed on the security professional’s fundamental responsibilities, such as planning, compliance, applicant screening, and workplace safety. Retail lost prevention e.g. Shop lifting, embezzlement, credit card theft, check/cheque fraud will be highlighted in this unit.
Criminology and Behavioural Psychology
This unit will allow you to understand the key areas of criminology and psychology. As the crime problems today become an increasingly central focus, you will acquire the methodological skills and theoretical tools that criminology practitioner’s use, and study specific ways of understanding people and their behaviour.
Why a Graduate Diploma?
A graduate diploma is a popular alternative to a Master’s degree as it provides a more focused curriculum by focusing on Real World Solutions to business and industry challenges. The popularity of our graduate programmes can be attributed to its problem-centred and practical curricula and industry oriented pedagogy. Our faculty are industry practitioners which provides practical and pragmatic market-based insights that can be apply readily in the workplace.
In just 6 months, you can enjoy a life-changing experience by accelerating your career advancement or embarking on your dream profession. Furthermore, you will gain industry-specific expertise and improve your job performance and personal growth.
- For PMETs with min Diploma/Degree
- Short Duration of 6 Months Part Time
10 Years of Successful Track Record
With over 10 years of successful track record, our graduate diploma programmes are well-recognised amongst executives and managers looking to upgrade their knowledge and skills to be successful in their professional pursuit.
Diverse network of executives and professionals
The graduate diploma programme also attract a diverse group of professionals from various industries with common interest which create a valuable network and encourage cross-pollination of ideas, robust discussions, and critical thinking to generate real market solution, thus preparing participants with the critical tool kits to meet the challenges in an ever-changing market.
This program is designed for working professionals with the following qualifications:
- A degree or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized university/institution
- 30 years old and above with 8 years working experience but without academic qualification will be considered
- Executives without 8 years working experience or are below 30 years old will be advised to apply for the “Advanced Diploma Program”
- Policy makers in government institutions
- Police, Military, Customs and Immigration
- Emergency Services and Public Transport
- Airport and Airline Security
- Coastguards, Maritime and Shipping
- Private Security Companies and Contingency Planners
- Security officers in hotels, hospitals, educational institutions, transportation systems, etc
- Personnel from both in State and private sectors seeking the expertise to understand and confront the rapidly evolving milieu of global terror networks
Take Action Today – Download Free Brochure
Kindly fill in the simple form and download a FREE brochure