Competency-based Interview and Selection TechniquesHow to Conduct Insightful Interviews to Select and Recruit the Right Talent for Your Organization
Area of Training : Human Resource Management, Employment and Recruitment
SkillsFuture Code: CRS-N-0032843
Competency-based Interview and Selection Techniques
How to Conduct Insightful Interviews to Select and Recruit the Right Talent for Your Organization
Your Challenge: How to Recruit and Select the Best Qualified Candidate
In this current challenging business environment, employing the right individual for the organization is crucial. Hiring the wrong individual not only has an impact on the cost of operation but also on the morale, productivity, and efficiency of the organisation.
Recruiting and selecting the right talent is one of the most important processes for organizations today. But as recruiters, we face the challenge of identifying the right candidate from the very beginning. With the rapid changes in the War on Talent, traditional interviewing techniques are no longer sufficient. To help us identify the right talent, we need to adopt a more cutting edge approach used successfully by leading fortune 500 companies to attract, select and recruit talent.
Our Solution: Applying Highly Effective Interviewing Techniques Used by Fortune 500 Companies
Competency Based Interviewing (CBI) is widely used by employers in recruitment processes where interviewees are required to demonstrate specific competencies/skills under various scenarios. It is an interview technique to identify and assess the competencies of candidates for a particular job. CBI helps organizations to identify and match the right candidate to the right job, and make well-informed hiring decisions.
KEY TAKEAWAYS: Immediate Results to Your Talent Recruitment
The skills and knowledge you will gain from this program can be transferred immediately to your organisation – improved interviewing skills leading to hiring the right candidates for your organisation! After the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between conventional and competency-based interview techniques
- Identify competencies needed for a job
- Use an interview guide in preparing, conducting and managing the interview to select the right people
- Use well-thought-out behavioral questioning techniques
- Utilize job-related core competencies in the interview process
- Conduct competency-based interview effectively
WHO WILL BENEFIT THE MOST
Managers, HR Executives and recruiters, Consultants and Business leaders seeking to
- Enhance their recruitment and selection process
- Adopt a professional approach to recruit and select the right talent and job fit.
ENGAGING AND RICH LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
This workshop is designed to equip participants with practical skills for interviewing and selection and learning is centered on interactive, activity-based, experiential and accelerated learning. Participants will be fully engaged for optimal learning and maximum results.
ORGANIZATIONAL & EXECUTIVE COACH : MR JACK CHUA (BCC, CENTER FOR CREATIVE LEADERSHIP)
Mr Jack Chua is a Talent Management Consultant and Executive Coach and has been a leadership coach, trainer and facilitator to senior directors, general managers, vice-presidents, deputy country divisional heads, and senior executives seeking to enhance their leadership, team effectiveness, and influence strategies to deliver organization results. In his work with clients, Jack has coached leaders working in different business, political and legal environment and in various regional and global roles.
The work has covered diagnostic work, identification of areas of focus in change initiatives, and talent and leadership transitions of business units, divisions and management teams. Jack is highly experienced in numerous profiling and career planning tool including MBTI ® Step I and II, CPI 260, Conflict Dynamic Profiling, Voices 360-degree feedback, 360 by Design, Benchmarks, Workplace Big 5 Profiling, competency-based interviewing, performance management, HR audit, and HR planning process.
- BSc in Management,, University of London
- Master in Business Administration, Brunel-Henley University
- Board Certified Coach (BCC) Credential, Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc, USA (Centre for Creative Leadership)
- Advanced Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA)
“Mr. Jack Chua is such a good coach and mentor! He helps inexperienced participants to have better understanding of the process and application by deep diving with useful insights.” – Assistant Manager, National University Health System
“Jack has helped in our understanding by providing relevant case studies to illustrate the concepts. It really helps in our thought process , I strongly recommended my colleagues to attend this course.” – Senior Manager, Nanyang Polytechnic
Register today to avoid disappointment; all registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To register, please download registration form and email/fax to email@example.com | 6720 2222
Venue: 100 Orchard Road, Concorde Hotel Singapore
Time: 9am to 5pm (14 Hours)
Fee: S$ 680.00 (excluding GST)
Enquiries Please contact @ 6720 3333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Introduction: Program Overview, Program Objectives and Flow (9.00am – 9.30am)
• Context for this Interviewing Skills workshop (9.30am – 10.35am)
Tea- Break (15 Min)
• Major Components of a Promotional Interviewing (10.50am – 12.30pm)
Lunch (1 Hour)
• Competency, Productivity and Performance (1.30pm – 3.00pm)
Tea-Break (15 Min)
• Behavioral-based Information in a Promotional Interview (3.15pm – 4.30pm)
• Skills Practice (4.30pm – 5.00pm)
• Motivational Fit (9.00am – 10.15am)
Tea-Break (15 Min)
• Promotional Interview Guide (10.30am-11.30am)
• Follow-up Question (11.30am – 12.45pm)
• Good Impression (1.45pm – 3.30pm)
Tea-Break (15 Min)
• Skills Practice (3.45pm – 5.00pm)
Find Out More Today – Download Free Skillsfuture Brochure
Kindly fill in the simple form and download a FREE brochure